Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So honestly...

Yeah, I know. This is my first post in a long time, since... say, LiveJournal times. Lol. I'm not really a big fan of writing, in any aspect at all, but I know my sister's going to appreciate it if I do write/try to everyday, and lately I've really had a lot to say. Not to mention no one to really say it to and it'll be good for my family back home to be able to see what's going on in my life too. Maybe we can get some other family involved (Woman? Mem? Sandy?)... I know you're all gonna creep on me! Haha :) So let me start off by announcing my living arrangements. I live with a Salvas, for one... he is a messy little boy and eats just about everything in the house, which means we have yet another - hopefully last - "real" food shopping trip to the commissary *GOOD THING THIS PAGE SAVES DRAFTS* I just got interrupted by my little one, Sassy (or Reeses, Mama, whatever her name is - it is legally now Reeses though)...stepping on the keyboard, trying to get the cursor again... while OJ (no, that's really not after O.J. Simpson) was playing with the cord and ripped it out of my computer. Okay, before I get sidetracked. Yes, no more food shopping at the commissary unless we have to. We're going to start eating healthier and more natural in a sense. We can't wait for the farmer's market in Clarksville to open up! We want to get good meats and dairy products from the actual farms around here (convinced baby Salvas to lean towards those types of things easily...thanks Food, Inc. & Shayna!).
The past few days have been pretty interesting. Yesterday was a busy day for me. First, a very responsible Salvas forgot ALL the gear he was supposed to bring to work with him...not just one thing, a whole backpack with a helmet attached. So I was up at about 5am. Started being productive very early... When I returned home I had time to do some cleaning and things, showered and headed over to ACS (Army Community Services) to get some assistance with finding a job in the area. They had so much information! I spent about 3.5 hours there and searched and searched for jobs, found new resources. Then, I went to AAFES (the PX) to find a desk - which I thought was a success until I went there later on with BabySal and realized that it really wasn't in stock (even though we found an infrared grill for the house!). So the search continues for that and a bedroom set! How does it take a store, EVERY STORE IN THE AREA MIND YOU, 8-12 weeks to get a bedroom set?! I'm sorry, I'm not waiting any longer, I've been living off my floor way long enough, and having two kittens isn't helping the situation, especially when they like everything with strings, and it just so happens that I have bras, underwear, tanks, and nightgowns that have strings.... They also like cords, tv and computer cords in particular, which I believe I stated previously but feel the need to reiterate. Overall with the two of them though, I can't complain. Miss Sassy, a tortoiseshell, has the typical Cattitude of just that. They say those types of kittens are very vocal and let you know when they're not happy with something you're doing... Luckily, I haven't really upset her. O.J. on the other hand, is a handful and a half! He likes to get into things, just hang all over the sides of furniture, his scratching post and ESPECIALLY my laundry basket (my excuse to get a new one ;] ) He's white with beige/orange striped spots. They're both really smart though and I do have to say that I trust them while I'm out. Big Oliver (RIP), not so much. I taught them how to use the litter as soon as they got here, a day under 6 weeks old! We haven't had any accidents at all.. but OJ has had an eye issue since birth, and that brings us to today. Again this morning, the famously responsible BabySal forgot his PT cap. So I got my butt out of bed at 5am and brought it to him. He's so spoiled! Another soldier was getting smoked for 3 hours for being irresponsible! I told him next time... smokin'! Lol. I came home and took a nap, got dressed and did some things around the house before the boy came home for breakfast but the lil' kits had their first vet appointment at 8, so we, as a family, headed up the hill to Parkway Animal Clinic and got them all registered. They did really well, but we found out that they both have Roundworms. It's common for kittens to get it from their mother's milk, but is transmittable to humans so I have to be careful when I clean the litter. Also, lil OJ has kitty pink eye. He is being treated with ointment for his eyes and only maybe 8 hours later I see a big difference. It is contagious, so I'm really worried about lil Mama getting it too. Again today I went back to ACS for a seminar thing that is helping me find a job. Well, I have to do that on my own but they have provided me with so many resources!! I have a workshop to attend on the 12th to help me with my two resumes: federal & civilian. Hopefully something big will come from all this hard work! There's also expos and a job fair this month, which is cool. A lot of security agencies looking for people, and one that sticks out to me is a company that wants help within a detention center (!!! excited !!!, it may be my break!) Speaking of careers...... I said earlier that I went to the vet clinic with the kits. Well, I saw just how much the vet tech's love their job. I could SO do that for the rest of my life. I love animals. There were so many cute pups, and before I used to say that I could never put them down... but I'm older now and realize it's a little more sad to see an animal living and suffering. Maybe I'll look for a vet program.... just a thought. A dangerous one at that. I need to finish this degree first. December isn't far away! On that note, BabySal is home from work so we are going to get some of our last normal American food shopping done! :]

1 comment:

  1. Love it Sass! So proud of you :) <3 Looking forward to reading all the timeee!

    ReplyDelete